For directions to Rocky Point Contact me at 602-888-9678 or see below.
DIRECTIONS FROM EAST PHOENIX: 212 Miles
- Take Loop 202 or SR60 (Superstition Freeway) to I-10 South
- Exit on SR 347 (exit 164) and head towards Maricopa
- Continue on SR 347 through Maricopa until you reach SR 238 Towards Mobile (aka Dead Cow Road)
- SR 238 will end at a STOP sign. Turn left at the STOP sign and it will put you into Gila Bend
- Continue through Gila Bend until you reach McDonalds. Turn right at the sign just before the McDonald for Mexico/SR 85 South.
- Take SR 85 South to Ajo (39 miles)
- Continue on SR 85 South to Why, AZ (10 miles)
- Continue on SR 85 South to Lukeville, AZ (27 miles)
- Lukeville is the border between USA and Mexico. Once you cross the border, you will be in Sonoyta, Mexico. At this time, distances change from miles to kilometers.
- Continue on the main road for approximately 1.8 miles. You will arrive at a 2-way intersection with a stop sign. At this time, you will see a monument and signs for Puerto Penasco and Santa Ana. Follow the signs to Puerto Penasco.
- Stay to the right towards Puerto Penasco/Carborca at the Y on the road. There is a traffic light soon after you bear right. Continue straight through this traffic light to Mexico Highway 8.
- Once you have gone through Sonoyta, continue on Highway 8 to Puerto Penasco. Along the way, there is a sign that says El PTO Penasco. DO NOT turn at this sign. It is in the middle of the desert.
- Continue on Highway 8. You will see a sign that says "Reserva De La Biosfera" and immediately after that a marker that says Puerto Penasco 40 and you know you are on the right track. From this point you will travel 24 miles to the "Laguna Del Shore Mexico Route 37".
- Make a Right at Laguna Del Shore Mexico Route 37. The Overpass bridge will be on on your left side, but you are making a right and you will travel 3.3 miles.
- Cross the railroad tracks and make a Left and at the 3.3 miles You will make a Left.
- You will continue for 2.3 miles and come to a roundabout with a windmill on your left side and Quick Mart with a gas station.
- Veer Right at the roundabout and take your first right and follow the signs to the resorts.
- At 1.2 miles you will either turn left for "Sonoran Sky Resort, Puerta Privada Resort and Las Palomas Resort" OR continue straight ahead up the hill to "Princesa Resort, Casa Blanca Resort, Costa Diamante, Sonoran Spa Resort, Sonoran Sea Resort, Las Palmas, Sonoran Sun Resort, Bella Sirena Resort & Esmeralda Resort"
Safe travels and see you in Rocky Point!